Turbomolecular pumps EPX
The Edwards EPX high vacuum dry pumps offer on-tool pumping in a lighter and smaller package, requiring only 1.4 kW of power. Using a unique, patented, single-shaft regenerative/Holweck stage mechanism, EPX series pumps are capable of pumping from atmosphere to ultimate pressures with no risk of process contamination.
- Compact footprint – the EPX is more compact than the equivalent turbomolecular pump and primary pump combination.
- Low cost of ownership – zero routine maintenance with a 5 year service interval.
- Unique patent protected pumping mechanism – the EPX can pump down from atmosphere to turbomolecular base pressure and can operate continuously at all inlet pressures. No separate “rough pumping” required.
- Ultra clean mechanism – EPX pumps have no grease or oil under vacuum and present no other source of potential contamination.
- Extremely reliable – based on field proven IPX technology, the EPX has a MTBFp = 13 years (SEMI E10) with service periods of around every 5 years to maximize the life of the pump.
- Water cooled – low environmental heat load
- Low noise and vibration – better working environment. Ideal for vibration sensitive environments.