Detector EBSD QuantaX
Bruker’s QUANTAX EBSD analysis system provides the analyst with an easy to use and advanced tool for EBSD measurement and evaluation. The system can also be used in conjunction with the QUANTAX EDS system creating the most advanced integrated EBSD/EDS system, supported by the ESPRIT 2 software under a single user interface.
Fast acquisition with 630 patterns/s (4×4 binning) or 945 patterns/s (8×8 binning) using the e–FlashFS detector
High resolution pattern acquisition with the e–FlashHD, providing pattern images of up to 1600×1200 pixels and an acquisition speed of 140 patterns/s (10×10 binning) and 170 patterns/s (20×20 binning). It supports measurements at low acceleration voltages (down to 5 kV) and low beam currents (down to 0.1 nA).
e–Flash series – technologically leading EBSD detector architecture
- e–FlashFS for high speed measurements with up to 945 patterns/s (8×8 binning), improved accuracy at 630 patterns/s using 4×4 binning
- e–FlashHD high resolution detector featuring 1600×1200 pixels native resolution; maximum speed of 170 patterns/s at 20×20 binning
- In-situ vertical screen positioning for best available EBSD signal
- High-accuracy guiding system with phosphor screen positioning accuracy <10 µm
- Screen and FSE/BSE detectors replaceable by the user
- Unique automatic detector retraction feature after measurement completion
Unique ARGUS™ FSE/BSE imaging system
Sophisticated detector design, featuring:
- Average atomic number contrast images of highly tilted samples
- Color-coded orientation contrast images using three independent detectors
- Fully integrated electronics for high signal-to-noise ratio
Superior support for TKD
QUANTAX EBSD provides perfect support for Transsmision Kikuchi Diffraction:
- TKD toolkit featuring the special TKD sample holder
- OPTIMUS™ TKD detetor head for analysis under optimal geometrical conditions
Assistants and automated configuration for ease of use
- Signal assistant for automatic camera setup
- Automatic detector calibration for precise measurements
- Point inspector for checking data quality at any location in a map
Highest speed and reliability in acquisition and evaluation
- Real-time data processing and indexing quality control provided by pattern streaming
- Robust indexing along grain or phase boundaries
- Exclusion of unwanted sample parts from measurement through map area definition
OPTIMUS™ TKD Detector Head
Bruker’s high performance e-Flash EBSD detector series can now be configured with the OPTIMUS™ TKD detector head which was specifically designed for best sample-detector geometry for on-axis Transmission Kikuchi Diffraction analysis (TKD) in SEM. The detector head not only acquires Kikuchi patterns with unmatched sensitivity, but even provides access to SAED (Selected Area Electron Diffraction) like patterns.
Built-in ARGUS™ FSE/BSE Detection System for e–Flash
The e–Flash EBSD detectors are optionally available with the ARGUS™ forescattered electron (FSE) and backscattered electron (BSE) imaging system. This further increases the versatility of the detectors and provides valuable additional information for meaningful and efficient microstructure characterization.
The set of two BSE detectors is mounted above the screen of the EBSD detector. The three FSE detectors are below the screen. This position of the detectors does not affect the performance or user-friendliness of the e–Flash, the screen remains user replaceable. All electronics required for the operation of the FSE/BSE detectors are already included in the e–Flash+ detector encasement. Apart from the convenience this also ensures that signal loss is minimized as the preamplifiers are close to the detectors.